At Strawman Family Dentistry, we're pleased to offer high-quality dental crowns and bridges using cutting-edge technology and techniques. Our goal is to restore damaged or missing teeth, enhance your oral health, and have you smiling your best once again!
Dental Crowns: An Overview
Dental crowns are custom-created, tooth-colored caps that cover the visible portions of damaged teeth, protecting them and restoring their health and function. At Strawman Family Dentistry, we offer high-quality crowns, including ceramic, to deliver incredibly natural looking and feeling results.
Dental crowns serve numerous purposes, including the following:
- Repairing Damaged Teeth: Crowns repair and strengthen weak, cracked, fractured, worn, or broken teeth, restoring their form and function.
- Restoring Teeth with Deep Decay: Dental crowns restore teeth with large cavities and not enough tooth structure remaining to support traditional dental fillings.
- Strengthening Teeth After Root Canals: Teeth that have undergone root canal therapy become brittle and weak, so they need dental crowns to strengthen and preserve them.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Dental crowns can replace one or more missing teeth by covering dental implants or providing support for dental bridges.
- Cosmetic Enhancement: Porcelain crowns can correct the color, size, length, alignment, and appearance of not-so-perfect teeth, delivering stunning smile transformations.
Dental Bridges: An Overview
Dental bridges are fixed alternatives to removable partial dentures that literally "bridge" gaps created by one or more missing adjacent teeth. Your restoration will come with prosthetic teeth known as pontics that are made to look just like your natural teeth. It will attach to teeth neighboring the gap known as abutment teeth, providing a stable and comfortable tooth replacement solution. Dental bridges offer an aesthetic tooth restoration option, leaving you with a seamless smile.
Dental bridges provide many benefits, including the following:
- Enhancing Your Quality of Life: With dental bridges, you'll find it more comfortable to chew and enjoy your favorite foods. In some cases, you’ll also find it easier to pronounce your words and will speak with clarity.
- Maintaining Your Oral Health: Dental bridges prevent neighboring and opposing teeth from drifting into the gap, which would potentially result in crooked teeth and problems with the bite. They also distribute the forces in your bite making it easier to chew.
- Improving Your Appearance: Restoring missing teeth with a dental bridge will help improve the appearance of your smile. Your restoration will support your facial structure, maintaining your youthful contours.
What Is the Dental Crown or Bridge Procedure?
Before creating your custom crown or bridge, we will reshape one or more of your teeth to accommodate your restoration. Next, we will take impressions of your mouth to send to our dental laboratory for fabrication. While waiting, we'll provide you with a temporary crown or bridge.
During a follow-up placement appointment, we'll make sure your new crown or bridge provides a perfect fit, and then we will cement it in place. The result? Beautiful, functional teeth and healthy, confident smiles!
Dental Crowns and Bridges Near Me
We invite you to visit Strawman Family Dentistry to learn more about restoring your smile with a dental crown or bridge. You can always count on our team for quality, durable restorations. We look forward to providing you with the outstanding care you deserve.
Call our Cincinnati office at 513-521-2100 to schedule your appointment today!
Request Your Appointment Today!
We make requesting an appointment time quick and easy. Follow the link to fill out our form to request your appointment. We can't wait to see you.